Running a successful SMM campaign
Social media is a unique platform because it allows two way interactions between a brand and consumers. Hence, while the initial efforts in social media marketing may not seem as demanding as in traditional marketing efforts, you must be prepared to engage fulltime during the course of the campaign. To engage customers, you should be responsive and be able to provide any information they seek. Essentially you must take active participation in your own marketing campaign to make it a success.
For a successful SMM campaign
- Identify and know your target audience – On social media you can run highly targeted marketing campaigns for your each unique group of consumers. Instead of just providing information about your company, understand the needs of your potential customers and create an ad that addresses their needs.
- Consistent effort – After you have successfully captured their attention, you must continue to engage them by frequently posting more posts, updates, etc of their interest. You have to invest in building their trust, which might take some time but it will be worth the effort and time in the end when you win loyal customers
- Building relation – Social media has evolved into a powerful media because it provides opportunities to build relationship. While, to engage your customers, you should continue to post regular information, you must also ensure that you are responding to their comments, posts, requests, criticism, etc to build relationship through effective two way communication.
- Consistency – When posting so much information on so many different social media and separately targeting a diverse range of online user, it is likely that the original message gets garbled sometimes. You must maintain the consistency of your messages, irrespective of how and where you are posting. Confusion doesn’t help in building trust.
- Participate in other popular communities – To be seen and heard more often and in the right places reinforces ones’ authority. Social media is not a direct selling platform. Instead it allows you to establish yourself as an expert/knowledge source and your credibility. And, anyone would be willing to buy from a knowledgeable and credible brand.
- Responding to criticism – Honest and constructive criticism could actually benefit you by highlighting the gaps in your business. Be willing to accept and rectify your mistakes if a customer complains. However, if someone tries to malign your reputation without any reason, do politely challenge them on the same medium.